The Healthcare Training Institute (HTI) Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program is intended for individuals who wish to join the nursing community or change careers. The Certified Nursing Assistant Program (CNA) at Healthcare Training Institute is a 120 clock hour course comprised of 80 hours of theory/lab and 40 hours of hands-on clinical experience designed to prepare students to provide patient care in hospitals, long-term care facilities and home health under the supervision of a registered nurse. To accurately measure mastery of clinical skills, students will be evaluated on the IDPH recommended 21 Performance Skills to determine how well they can efficiently provide care to patients and residents in an effective and compassionate manner while following safety procedures.
Upon successful completion of the program at HTI, students are awarded a Certificate of Completion and are eligible to take the skills test and state certification exam to qualify to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age with a valid Social Security Number
- Applicants must have a personal interview with a school personnel
- Applicants must take a Physical Exam and a 2-step TB test.
- Applicants should be able to read, write and speak English.
- Applicants must be free of any communicable disease
- Applicants must show proof of immunization or immunity Mumps, Measles, and Rubella
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Completed all enrollment agreements and financial agreement
- Completed Criminal Background check with no disqualifying convictions
- Signed Agreement of Disclosed Medical Information
To ensure an applicant’s success in the program, HTI requires applicants to be able to meet the following prerequisites:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- The applicant must be able to engage in patient care and meet their needs physically, emotionally, and socially and view residents in a holistic approach to improve quality of life
- Demonstrate understanding of basic medical terminology and knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Prospective students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with these before the starting the course.
PLAN AND DETAILS
|Tuition||$980.00 (not including materials and supplies)|
|Course Duration||5 Weeks|
|Estimated Other Charges||$380.00 (contact us for detailed calculation)|
* Please note additional costs may apply. Tuition rates vary for discounted tuition program, employer or agency-sponsored students.
The CNA program is a stand alone program. Students are expected to complete and successfully pass all required modules including clinical hours to be considered as program completers.
The CNA program is a 5 week program that is offered both day and evening depending on course schedule (excluding holidays).
No. At this time we don’t offer any federal financial aid.
We work local organizations that provide assistance to students. You may contact your local Workforce Investment organization for more details. You may call us at (815) 254-3738 or email us at email@example.com.